What is a property stylist?
A property stylist is trained in interior design but has a flair for real estate and for making a property live up to its full potential and appeal to a broad market.
Buying a home is an emotional and aspirational task. Property stylists harness that emotion by creating a blank space that potential buyers fall in love with.
Traditionally, the basics of presenting your home for sale are to clean, tidy, neaten the garden, complete small maintenance jobs internally and to get rid of any funny odours.
A property stylist goes that much further. A property stylist will fill your home with quality furnishings such as cushions, art, books, plants, lighting or furniture pieces that will make the very most of what the property has to offer and help your property reach its optimum selling price on auction day.
A property stylist is an expert in
- Making the function of each room in a home very clear. In large or small spaces, a stylist can demonstrate how furniture can positioned to make the most of what is on offer.
- Masking unattractive rooms,
- Taking unusual nooks and crannies and using creative styling to display the best possible function of a space
- Creating beautiful spaces through the use of complimentary colours, textures and interior accents
What do Jim’s Interior Design offer?
Jim’s Interior Design offer three interior design packages, put together by property stylists to showcase a suite of property styles and audiences.
- Mod Oz is a modern take on furniture and furnishings. It appeals to family buyers and is open, light and welcoming in its presentation.
- Nordic Coastal is a fusion of current Scandinavian and Hampton design trends – natural and highly textural it suits a more sophisticated, fashion forward palette.
- Global luxe is all about understated elegance, a bit moody, a touch of the eclectic.
Jim’s Interior Design also offer a layby option so you can concentrate on saving your money for any other jobs you need to do to get your property ready to go to market.
Looking to sell your home for more? Don’t hesitate, talk to the experts at Jim’s Interior Design on 131 546 now.
* Data has been gathered using local and international studies on the Home Staging Industry by the Institute of Home Staging.
Tips on Planning to Sell your HomeWhen planning to sell your home, you’ll need to get a lot of ducks in a row. It’s kind of why moving home is up there among life’s most stressful events. Planning will set you up to make the most of your sale, ensure that you are well inform...
Tip – Find and retain the best real estate agentsTips from an Expert Property Stylist on how to Find the Best Real Estate Agent - for you! Meet with some agents and invite them to do an appraisal on your property for free. Keep in mind the Agent suggesting the highest achievable price for your ...
Tip – Property Research to help you sell your home confidentlyTips from Melbourne's Expert Property Stylists - Property Research will Help you Sell your Home with Confidence. There are a couple of paths to go down here. When you aren’t relying on Agents, your Neighbour, your Father in Law or someone from ...
Property Styling Trends You’ll Start Seeing In 2019[vc_row type="in_container" full_screen_row_position="middle" scene_position="center" text_color="dark" text_align="left" overlay_strength="0.3"][vc_column column_padding="no-extra-padding" column_padding_position="all" background_color_opacity="1" b...
Tips – How long does it take to stage your home?How long does it take to stage your home for sale? There are known peaks and troughs in the real estate market. ‘Everyone’ wants to sell in spring and summer, but not too near Christmas, or a long weekend and make sure your auction isn’t raine...