House Styling doesn’t have to be hard.
If you are feeling daunted and overwhelmed by the idea of preparing your biggest asset for sale you wouldn’t be alone.
So here is a list of the top ten strategies you can employ when House Styling ahead of your Property Sale or Auction campaign. These are the top ten House Styling strategies are as recommended by Cherie Barber from Renovating for Profit and were recently listed on the Better Homes and Gardens website. Ensure your House Styling is prioritised and effective to avoid feeling overwhelmed and tick these top ten house styling ideas off your list.
- Clean and Declutter – a spring clean with a pressure washer is not just the first step in House Styling but it can work wonders. Don’t forget to take the metaphorical pressure washer to the inside of your home stripping out clutter to create clean, clear and open surfaces.
- Repair and Restore – minor maintenance issues can really turn buyers off and set off alarm bells. Focus on the front entry, facade and main living rooms.
- DIY Modular Deck – if you are handy and you have the space, these new modular decks that are available from places like Bunnings, Ikea and Freedom can really transform tired outdoor spaces.
- Indoor / Outdoor Living – can you improve the flow between these spaces with a new set of bifold doors or a turning a window into a wide doorway?
- Paint – everything, fences, doors, tired old concrete paving, your window frames, the roof and of course the walls inside and out, its the most transformational and cost effective thing you can do as a DIYer. But for the love of Shaynna Blaze go neutral.
- Kitchens and Bathrooms sell homes – but you dont have to drop tens of thousands to make them happen. Focus on tile paint and cabinetry paint, update handles and tapware and appliances. You don’t have to completely strip it out and start again.
- Natural Light is your friend – something as simple as replacing tired, heavy old curtains with simple sheer curtains from Ikea or Spotlight are amazing, clean your windows and the window screens and cut back foliage from around entries, windows and doors.
- Artificial Lighting can be given an overhaul too, cleaning your light fittings and adding the strongest but warmest light bulbs can make a world of difference. Its often also a matter of just a couple of hours and some really inexpensive new light shades from Bunnings, Ikea or the like to makeover tired and broken light fittings in your home.
- Cleaning the floors – get in a professional carpet cleaner or someone to strip back tired, stained tiles and professionally buff them.
- Get a second opinion – many House Styling professionals like ourselves will offer a basic free advisory and quotation service. We can come to site, help you see your own home through fresh eyes and assist you to prioritise your House Styling efforts. Our Property Styling service may be just what you need.
House Styling can seem overwhelming on first glance and ultimately if you are a busy professional, a flat out tradie or a stay at home mum with her hands already overflowing, consider calling in a professional House Styling company like our own. We tackle not just the final furnishings but all of the other House Styling strategies that should be prioritised, we can organise quotes and coordinate the works if needed.