Spring is fast approaching and the countdown to longer, warmer days and balmy nights is definitely on.
And as always, with the onset of Spring comes a plethora of resolutions – earlier starts to the day, improved fitness regimes and of course, the big one – tidier, more organised homes.
It’s no wonder that traditionally, people sell their homes in Spring. Gardens are in bloom, everything is brighter and people are happier and pleased to be out and about on a Saturday morning.
Whether you’re thinking of selling this Spring or just looking for some simple ideas to spruce up your home, the team at Property Styling Melbourne have put together the ultimate guide to decluttering, creating good energy and removing stress from your home and from your life.
- Declutter. A favourite method of ours is to simply grab a large garbage bag and see how quickly you can fill it up. It may be trash, but it may be someone else’s treasure. Either way, it is no longer in your home and you are one step closer to living more minimally.
- Make your house sparkle! Go beyond the usual weekly or day-to-day cleaning regime and tackle the big ones – windows, cobwebs, floors, walls, exterior walls and don’t stop dusting! PS – this qualifies as a workout plus you get to try out all those cleaning hacks you keep hearing about… did you know that lemons can zap microwave grime?
- Go through your closet, your partner’s closet, your kid’s closet. If you pick it up and you don’t feel immediate love and positive energy for it – send it on to someone who will.
- Look at your home critically and thoroughly. Check for water damage on floorboards or ceilings. Check for signs of pests and pest damage. Put yourself in a buyer’s shoes, understand your home’s flaws and get them fixed once and for all!
- Create a welcoming entrance. Make the drive-by inviting. This is for potential buyers, but also for yourself and your family. Paint the door if need be, replace any damaged hardware, keep decorative items to a minimum and declutter the entrance area. It’s good to be home!
- Complete each task…. completely. Once you have decided where something has to go – take it there. Don’t let jobs drag on and on.
But home organisation and spring cleaning isn’t for everyone and that’s why there are experts on hand.
If you are looking for some help with decluttering, styling or preparing your home for sale, don’t hesitate to call the team at Property Styling Melbourne on 9108 5700.
Also, in exciting news – Property Styling Melbourne have launched a small, exclusively curated selection of new, quality homewares and furnishings for sale via the online store. If you’re looking for a gift, or a beautiful piece to showcase in your Spring-ready home.